DEAR FRIEND OF SCIENCE AND RESEARCH!
The University of Helsinki is hosting a stakeholder event in Beijing on Saturday 24th November. Lately, we have noticed a rising interested from the business community in China towards the airquality measuring we are doing in Beijing. We have decided to offer a first-hand possibility to get to know our work and results. Member of the Chinese Academy of Science, professor Markku Kulmala will be presenting his measurements.
The event has been designed for the University´s Alumni in Beijing but we wish warmly welcome the Finnish and Chinese friends of open science and research. Places are limited and as this is a get-together event, you are welcome bring your partner along. Please notice that there is a possibility for a site visit in Markku Kulmala´s laboratory in the end of the event. The language of the event is English.
Preliminary program, changes might occur:
- 13:45-14:15 Registration and networking
- 14:15 Welcome on behalf of the University of Helsinki, the Embassy of Finland in Beijing and the China Alumni Club
- 14:30 Air quality in Beijing: - SMEAR measurement in 2018 and scientific research on air quality in China, - Academian, Member of CAS, professor Markku Kulmala and Researcher Chao Yan, University of Helsinki
- Question and Answers
- Cocktails and snacks served
- 15.30 Studying at University of Helsinki today, Pauliina Mikkonen, Head of Student Marketing, - Alumni experiences in University of Helsinki, members of the China Alumni Club
- 16.30 Possibility for a site visit at the BUCT SMEAR station guided by Academian Markku Kulmala and his team. (Please kindly indicate your interest to the visit in advance, we can only offer a limited number of places.)
- 17:30 Farewell and have safe journeys back home
Contact details and questions: Jasmin Etelämäki, Liaison Manager, University of Helsinki email@example.com
TIME: Saturday, November 24, 2018, at 13:45 onwards
VENUE: 29 Zizhuyuan Rd, ZiZhu Qiao, Haidian Qu, Beijing Shi
PRICE: Free of charge for members.
REGISTRATION: Registration is required to confirm a seat. You may register via this link by Friday, November 23, 2018 or as long as there are seats available. Registration is binding.
ELIGIBILITY: All of the employees of FBCS member companies can participate at our events with Membership privileges (discounted price, access to member only events). Please do not hesitate to forward this event invitation to your colleagues.