CEO frauds are becoming more sophisticated and e-mail hacks are an increasing threat towards businesses in China. The criminals are clever; by tracking online conversations between management and employees they can understand tonality and style as well as get access to when executives are on trips with reduced access to e-mail. Hackers then mimic the CEO, demanding a quick and urgent wire transfer when they know it's harder for employees to get a hold of him or her.
During our breakfast seminar on October 31st organized by SwedCham we will raise awareness of the issue of CEO frauds in China. You will get an opportunity to listen to recent cases, understand how hackers operate and also get insights on how to set internal routines for damage control.
This event is relevant if you work:
- At Management and Executive level
- In Finance/Accounting
- With IT and/or IT Security
- In an HR/Payroll function
- 08:00 - Registration, check-in and networking
- 08:30 - CEO Fraud – an increasing threat towards businesses in China
- Phishing attacks – how criminals are hacking Management and Executive level e-mails to manipulate invoices
- Which companies are being targeted and why?
- Fraud prevention
- Introduction to regulations and procedures once companies acknowledge fraud;
- What can be done and what to expect?
- Speaker: Stefan Thorsell, Counsellor and Customs Attaché – Nordic Police and Customs Liaison Officer, Embassy of Sweden
- 09:15 - Case studies – attack methods and damage control
- Common attack scenarios; Understanding the different methods
- Fraud prevention – setting internal routines
- High profile cases – lessons learned
- Speakers: Lars-Åke Severin, CEO, PSU Consulting, and Lucas Jonsson, Partner, Mannheimer Swartling
- 10:00-10:15 Open Q&A session
PRICE: Participation Fee for this event is 100 RMB for Members and 200 RMB for Non-Members.
REGISTRATION: Registration is required to confirm a seat. You may register by replying to email@example.com until Friday, October 26, 2018 or as long as there are seats available. Registration is binding and no-shows will be charged RMB 200 unless cancelled before the end-of-day of the final registration date.
ELIGIBILITY: All of the employees of FBCS member companies can participate at our events with Membership privileges (discounted price, access to member only events). Please do not hesitate to forward this event invitation to your colleagues.