The initiative promotes economic development, efficient resource allocation and integrating markets with enhanced connectivity. During the past years the main focus areas have been infrastructure investment, construction materials, railway and highway, automobile, real estate, power grid, and iron and steel.
The Belt and Road Initiative is a much discussed topic. But what does it actually mean and how do companies look at it? FBCS has invited speakers from Alibaba and Greencarrier to talk about how they have recognized the Belt and Road Initiative in their business strategies and operations. Come and find out more about this interesting topic.
- 7:45-8:15 Registration and networking over breakfast
- 8:15-8:30 Introduction to the Belt and Road Initiative, Conor Griffin, Principal Consultant, North Asia Politics, Economics&Public Policy, The Economist
- 8:30-9:00 Laurie Luo, Deputy Director International Government and Public Affairs, Alibaba Group
- 9:00-9:30 Nick Winther Graversen, Trade Lane Manager, Greencarrier Greater China
- 9:30-10:00 Questions and Answers